End of the School Year

End of the School Year

by Sarah Bleasdale -
Number of replies: 0

Hello Everyone

Wow! This last term has been quite the collective experience for all of us - what a journey!! 

I would like to share some words from Dave for us all to mark the end of this period:

'' As we are now in the completion stage of our courses this year I wanted to share a few words with you. 

It is a year which will finish rather quietly and less dramatically than we are used to, with limited opportunities for social gatherings and end of year parties.

We are currently planning to open as normal in September. We are monitoring the situation closely and ensuring that we are ready to deliver a strong learning experience no matter what happens. If we make any significant new decisions as a result of new information from the government we will be in touch with you as soon as is humanly possible. We also know that Germany managed the initial wave very well, has continued to manage the situation well, and could be considered one of the better places you could be in the world at this time.

More than anything, I’d like to thank you all for jumping so wholeheartedly into the online world with us in our quest to continue to provide you with an ongoing opportunity for growth and to ensure your qualifications remain on track. 

I’m sure you will have already been able to appreciate the huge effort put into this process by the whole of our teaching team. Speaking personally I always knew they were a great team, but this episode has demonstrated for me the extraordinary efforts to which they were prepared to go in order to provide you all with a meaningful and productive learning experience.

However, for this to be possible it also required your own heroic efforts to take on board this new way of learning and existing, to challenge your own preconceptions and to embrace new ways of being.

Thank you for your part in making this possible.

If you are with us next year I look forward to seeing you again later in the year back in the Funkhaus. If this marks the end of your time with us I wish you all the best for your future life.

Until we meet again

Dave ''

Thanks Everyone