COVID-19 UPDATE

COVID-19 UPDATE

by Hannah Deans -
Number of replies: 0

Message from David Louis Puttick, Catalyst Founder:

Hi everyone. 

I hope you have been enjoying your first semester and coping well with the safeguarding practices we have put in place to deal with COVID. 

I know that many of you will be feeling extra tension as a result of the recent growth in COVID cases in Germany.

I’m sure you will also be aware that the German government issued a statement on Wednesday 28th October concerning a new 'soft' lockdown from Monday 2nd November until the end of the month.

This statement makes no material change to onsite provision of lessons at Catalyst. Instead it proposes changes to day to day life to help bring down the overall level of infection in the country. 

Although the overall level is low compared with many places in Europe (including where I am based in the UK) we think it is important to support all efforts to do everything we can to bring the level down.

We have not yet had any confirmed cases at Catalyst. Classes have been taking place on-site with a number of extra precautions in place to ensure the wellbeing of our community. Any non-essential attendance on campus has been controlled.

Compared with universities and most schools, our class sizes of 16 are extremely small. We have 49 separate learning spaces in our facilities which keeps us in a strong position to continue to deliver our courses onsite if at all possible. 

We believe the new practices outlined in the German government statement will make it safer to attend lessons onsite at Catalyst. Please continue to support our own efforts to keep our community safe by complying with our hygiene protocol.

Stay safe,
David