Depression Awareness Month

Depression Awareness Month

by Aurelie Richards -
Number of replies: 0

tl;dr: give me the PDF already!

Dear Catalyst Students,

It has been a delight these last months getting to know many of you. Some of you have come to my office for bureaucracy support, others for emotional support getting through sticky situations.  

I want you all to know that I see how incredible each one of you are for undertaking this rigorous and progressive model of arts education. All the more incredible, as almost everyone I have met has gone away from home, to a massive and at times very challenging city, in order to do it. All the more incredible because you did it during a global pandemic, with war breaking out in Ukraine, and revolution in Iran. 

I also want to acknowledge how impressed I am with Catalyst Students for taking responsibility for their well-being, even in these turbulent times. The students who come through my door seeking help, have done so with a generous and humble heart and the courage to ask deep and probing questions about themselves and how they want to be in the world.

To lift up and honour that generosity and courage, Student Support with help from Storytelling has put together a Wellness Kit for Depression Awareness Month. I sincerely hope you are both informed and inspired by it. Please open the PDF in Adobe Reader and not on Google Drive.

Please take good care of yourselves and each other and let these resources support you in doing just that.

In gratitude,

Aurelie