Water Damage in Facility / Power & Internet Shutdown

Water Damage in Facility / Power & Internet Shutdown

by Nina Schermer -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Students,

I hope this message finds you well. I would have loved to introduce myself with a different message!

Unfortunately, I have some important news to share. On Thursday, an unexpected incident occurred outside our facility: a waterpipe in the heating system broke, resulting in significant water damage throughout the building. As a result, we have had to temporarily close the classrooms on the 1st floor, specifically those on the right-hand side (from Colab 1 through to the kitchen). Currently, these rooms are without heating and electricity.

However, I want to assure you that our dedicated facilities team is working tirelessly to address the situation and restore normalcy as quickly as possible. Our top priority is to dry the affected areas and ensure the safety of everyone involved. In parallel, we are actively coordinating with the electrician to reinstate the electricity supply. We are following up with the landlord to receive an update on the progress of the heating system repairs.

Additionally, I regret to inform you that our internet infrastructure has also suffered extensive damage. The servers were unfortunately shut down due to the water influx. Nevertheless, we are already in the process of acquiring & installing hotspots, which will allow us to restore our online connectivity within the next few days. Please understand that rebuilding the network will require some additional time.

Despite these challenges, I want to emphasize that we are fully dedicated to maintaining the high standard of education that you deserve. Depending on the circumstances, we may need to reschedule classes or temporarily transition to different rooms or online delivery in the coming days. I want to extend a special acknowledgment to our students enrolled in our music programs, as the location of the leak may have a more significant impact on them.

Please follow any updates from your tutors and here on Moodle closely.

Rest assured, we are committed to keeping you updated on any developments as soon as we receive more information. Your understanding and patience during this time are truly appreciated.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to support you and work together towards a solution.

Take care and best regards,

Nina Schermer
Director